Brad feeling the burn at FGB last weekend!
Back Squat (Build to today’s heavy 1RM @ 30X0 tempo)
For the back squat, use a high-bar position and perform the following reps and percentages:
* Set 1 – 50% of possible 1-RM x 5 reps
* Set 2 – 75% of possible 1-RM x 3 reps
* Set 3 – 85% of possible 1-RM x 1 rep
* Set 4 – 90-95% of possible 1-RM x 1 rep
* Set 5 – Test 1-RM
* Set 6 (optional) – Exceed Set 5 weight
In teams of three, row as many meters as possible in 12 minutes:
Set the Concept 2 erg for 500 meter intervals with 20 seconds of rest between intervals, and switch partners every 500 meters.
Goal is to hold semi-consistent 500m splits while pushing. Get after this one, friends. Workouts like this will build your engine!